Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Craft Stall : Knitted Coathangers



The last few weeks I've been busy preparing crafts for our Craft School at our school's Autumn Fair this Saturday.

Someone donated a bag full of wooden hangers so I've been busy knitting covers for them.

My favourites are the purple with crocheted flowers.




I quite like the colours in these ones.

but put your sunglasses on for these kid's hangers:


... saved, I'm hoping, by the butterflies?

Nylon is horrible to knit with but does make a practical non-slip, non-fuzz hanger, and it's quick to knit up because it is fatter than yarn. I need to make a few more of these in the next few days, if I can.

7 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

... and now we can enjoy some of them.

Rosalie said...

Love your coat hangers
Would you mind giving me the pattern for the plain purple coat hanger please
and the flowers. My friend just asked me to knit some covers but I don't have a pattern.
thank you
Rosalie
larosie@gmail.com

Bev said...

I would love a copy of this pattern. Need to redo my wardrobe.
Thank you for your consideration
Bev. bmc49@bigpond.com

Unknown said...

Love these covers is the pattern available please.

Unknown said...

Love the coat hangers, I too would love the pattern for our craft group if possible

Anonymous said...

I would love the knitted coat hanger pattern please

Anonymous said...

Can I please have the purple coathanger pattern. Thank you. Kimarmatage@gmail.com